Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Wow, he's 4

Yesterday, my baby turned 4. It is hard to believe how fast time flies and what a joy and somewhat challenge he has been. For most people that know us, it is no secret how Dov entered this world. He was an "accident", an "oops", a "pleasant surprise", a "story to tell grandchildren", and the cliches go on and on. What I prefer to call him is a a force to be reckoned with. Dov was an IUD baby and if you don't know what that means, it means that he had a 99.9% chance of not being conceived and I will tell you that for those first 5 weeks of "sickness" I was in the .01% of the population that believed I wasn't pregnant. I can still close my eyes and see myself sitting on the floor of the OB/GYN next to an umbrella stroller with my then 4 1/2 month old second born in tears listening as a doctor told me I was already 8 weeks pregnant. I will also never forget being told that once the IUD was removed, I would have a 50% chance of losing the baby. Well, we all know the answer to that. The last four years has proved the importance of being open minded and Dov has made me a better, more flexible person and mother. Happy 4th to my littlest man.

No comments:

Post a Comment